Viewing Closed Calls.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Fady Bassyouni
Regular Collector

Viewing Closed Calls.

Hi All,
I want the IT staff using the SD to be able to view information of closed calls but without being able to modify it.
I tried the status entitelment method but when i open a closed case an empty (greyed) form opens with no information in it!
I want the fields of the form to have a view only access.
any ideas?
5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Viewing Closed Calls.

Hi,

one option is to set up a folder whit only view access to the items. Use a DB rule to set the folder of the calls when closed to the new folder with view access. When they open the calls they will not be able to modify them. Other roles can be given elevated access to the calls if you want.
Fady Bassyouni
Regular Collector

Hi Mark,

I created a new folder named "Closed Calls" to move the closed calls in it and I opened the role configuration window to set access level on that folder to be view only, but i found the folder inhereting privilege from it's parent object (Service calls) and i am not able to modify it.
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Fady,

The point of Folder entitlement is to give access to Folders and not to entities.

To do this you have to create two folders, "Open Items" and "Closed Items".

Do not check anything on the "Service Call". Instead check the rights you want to give at the folder level.

At the "Open Items" folder give access to "View/New/Modify". At the "Closed" items give access only to "View".
menes fhtagn
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Fady,

Going back to your first message, I think there must be an error in configuration. Status entitlement should NOT prevent you from seeing the data in an item, it should only prevent you changing the status where you do not have the rights to do so. If you are not seeing the field values, then it is because you disabled the ability to view them.

The technique of changing the folder is useful principally because any role that has the right to change the status of an item to "Closed" can probably also have the right the "unclose" the item, which is not what you want. Moving the item to another folder solves this problem.

-Josh
Fady Bassyouni
Regular Collector

Thank You for the ideas.
I'll try the suggestions and feedback.

-Fady
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event