Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

View of all Incidents created by My workgroup.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Pai
Super Contributor.

View of all Incidents created by My workgroup.

Hello all,

I have a requirement where in customer needs to have a view to show all the incidents that are created by my workgroup. Is this possible? if so can you tell me in detail.

My setup is SD 5.0 Patch 2 on HPUX.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES
jconsola20
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: View of all Incidents created by My workgroup.

There isn't an out of the box view that shows which workgroups created tickets. There is the Open Incidents by workgroup view that shows the tickets for each group.

You could create your own view and include such fields as Registration created by display name, initiator registration created, entered by person account display name which, or assignment information from sender. Then you should be able to determine the work groups of the incidents that were created.
Pai
Super Contributor.

Hi jconsola_CEX,

Thnx for the response, i know tat there is no out of the box view for this. I was wandering if there is any way you can use filters or something to get a view to show all the incidents created by a particular group (not those assigned to them). if you can think of anything, its appreciated.

regards ~~ Pai
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Hi Pai,

If you are looking for a view that displays the incidents created by a WorkGroup( in this case your WorkGroup). Then, in the Incident View, create a new View and in filter use "Assignment-> from WorkGroup->Search code" and provide the Search code of your WorkGroup. You could also use the filter for the range of days you are looking for.

Regards,
Sandeep
Pai
Super Contributor.

Hi Sandeep,
Thats a nice startup, but this is a gerneralise view for all the users, it should give them an option to see all the incidents created by their workgroup alone, if i select a particular searh code in filters it will filters and create a view the incidents displayed will be of only tat workgroup and if someone from a different workgroup logs in , he wont have this view .....if i understand this correct ???
Pai
Super Contributor.

and also, the data that is displayed is not accurate coz, the from and to assignement groups keep changing so its not mandatory that the present assignement from workgroup is the same workgroup which created the incident.
Robert S. Falko
Acclaimed Contributor.

Paina,

The reason there is difficulty in creating a generalized view is that you need to relate the account of the person who created the incident to the person record of the account, which has a 1:N relationship with workgroups.

As a workaround, you might consider creating advanced find queries that are saved, and are different for each workgroup. They can also be customized for individuals with odd combinations of workgroups.

-Josh
Pai
Super Contributor.

Hi Josh thanks for the response, i guess its not possible to do this with less comlexity,,,,

thanks for the support guys,

And as Sandeep said i could give a range or period using filters can u tell me how to do that, when i am specifying a filter criteria which attribute should i select to do this.....wat i am tring now is letting them have data for a period of three months .. so that we can sort a less amount of data.

regards ~~ Pai
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hey Pai,

For the range of days, you could use "Regisration Created"-> "Is between" and select the start and end date.

Regards,
Sandeep
Pai
Super Contributor.

hey thanks that was helpful