The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Relations on a Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jeff Poling

View Relations on a Problem

On the problem form in our SD implementation, we use the "Relations" tab to show what service calls and/or incidents are related to a particluar problem. One of our problem mgrs would like the status field for service calls and incidents to be part of the table on the relations tab. Is there any way to do this? What view do I need to modify to accomplish it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
7 REPLIES
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Re: View Relations on a Problem

I'm fairly sure that it is not based on a view thus it is not possible to change it.

The "proof" is that when you put the relations entity on a form, it already has the columns listed, whereas view based entities are not showing columns at this point.

But I would be happy to be proved wrong on this one.

Gyula
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jeff,

I don't think you can modify the view which appears on the Relations tab. An alternative could be to use an explorer view which does allow you to see the fields you want. See attached for screen shots of the view and how to set it up

Hope this helps as a workround

Ruth

http://www.teamultra.net
Jeff Poling

Thanks, Ruth. Your suggestion was very helpful. I was able to create a view that our staff is really satisfied with.

I appreciate your help!

Jeff
Jon McRae

I have had the same request from my Problem Manager, and similarly have not found a way to do it.

Regards,

Jon.
Don't worry about anything that may never happen
Jeff Poling

Jon,

Ruth's suggestion worked well for me. Maybe give that a try?

Jeff
Jon McRae

Jeff,

I actually have a similar solution already in place using views to provide the info. Unfortunately my PM wants to see it in the form!

In fact, what I have done is created a custom service call field called Problem ID, with a db rule to populate it with the ID of a related problem.

A service call view then groups calls by Problem ID. The other advantage of this is that you can do a search for all service calls related to a particular problem, then do an Update All to update all service calls (and consequently the callers) in one go.

This is really useful if you find the root cause of a problem which has hundreds of service calls related to it, as you can update them and close them all with one action.
Don't worry about anything that may never happen
Johbo
Regular Collector

The status field of the related items in problem is added in the relation tab from SP 12.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event