Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilize import mappings through WEB API

Highlighted
Harald Tempelma
Occasional Contributor

Utilize import mappings through WEB API

I am using SD 4.5 SP 12.

I want to utilize import mappings from a Java program through SD WEB-API. When I examine the methods associated with the WEB-API I only can extract some trivial information but most important information like to which SD field it is mapped I cannot retrieve.

Furthermore I do not see any methods to execute the import mapping.

Am I missing something or does the WEB-API only deliver a very small subset of the Import Mapping (useless in my opinion)?
3 REPLIES
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

Re: Utilize import mappings through WEB API

Harald. There are several "gaps" in the web-api, try dealing with templates for example! I'm not sure why you want to get at import mappings - what are you trying to achieve?
Harald Tempelma
Occasional Contributor

Mike,

I have to store information from an external source into service desk. In order to gain flexibility I want to associate the fields from the input to fields in SD objects. I thought import mappings were a good alternative to the way I already implemented such a thing before in another implementation (by translating the SD field to the correct WEB-API routine at run-time in a Java program).

I cannot use sd_event for this because the information I have to store is interrelated: I have to relate newly created event with a service call etc. When implementing such a thing by sd_event, several sd_event invocations are necessary. Since sd_event is an asynchroneous process, difficulty in synchronizing things arise.
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

Harald,

We discoverd that web-api of 4.5 can't be used for this purpose. I had a quick look on 5.0 web-api and there seems to be methods included in that version to accomplish this.

Jasper
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event