Did you mean: 

Using sd_event to create Change object with related Work order

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Jerry Dudley_1
Occasional Advisor

Using sd_event to create Change object with related Work order

I am looking for an example of command line call for sd_event.exe creating a Change object with a related Work order. Can this be done in one sd_event call? Or do I need multiple sd_event calls, (i.e. one sd_event call for Change, another sd_event call for Work order?)
4 REPLIES
Gyula Matics_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Using sd_event to create Change object with related Work order

Yes, you'll need two calls. First, create the change, then on the second call create the work order, and while you do that specifiy the relation to the change using the event id. To achieve this, you need an import map for SD event, that has the WO;Relate Change field set up so that it is referencing the source id field on the change.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jerry,

First set up a template that creates a change and its related work orders so you have 1 chnage template and possibly several WO templates. Check it works OK through th client.

Then set up an import mapping using that template and use it in the sd_event. You will need to ensure that the templates for both Change and WO set all required fields.

You can also set up DB rules which pass information from the chnage to its workorders if you want.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Jerry Dudley_1
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Ruth and Gyula for your responses. I now realize that sd_event can not create relations. Since my customer wants to create a Change object linked with 18 Workorders, I see the trick is in the template. I setup the appropriate template and viola, it works fantastic with one sd_event call. Thank you for your suggestions.

Life is good.

Thanks
Jerry Dudley_1
Occasional Advisor

Closing thread
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event