cancel

Users and CI-s

Highlighted
Andrej_19
Honored Contributor.

Users and CI-s

Hi,

I'm again posting another question.

I'd like to create a list that contains configuration items, related to each person and grouped by location of the person.

I've already tried to create a view in configuration item view, but in filter options I cannot enter Name from Persons table as the field isn't available.

I'd like to have access at CI Name, Person Name, and Person Location all in a single view.

Can this kind of view be done in SD ?

7 REPLIES
Andrej_19
Honored Contributor.

Re: Users and CI-s

And another question: as I try to export view from Service desk, the data is completely rearanged than in the view itself.

I'd like to know, by which criteria or field is the data, exported from view (File /export /to Exel), ordered ?

Best regards.
Alexander Stroe
Honored Contributor.

Hi Anderj,

You have to create an explorer view and select the Navigation by 'Person user', View: unfiltered persons and the base view Table view

See also attachment

regards,
Alexander

have fun, life's to short!
Alexander Stroe
Honored Contributor.

Hi Andrej,

about your 2nd question, what do you mean by 'the data is rearanged' do you mean re/unsorted?
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Andrej,

this isn't possible with a standard view as the "Users" attributes are seperate to the "CI" attributes.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

I stand corrected. Thanks alexander
Andrej_19
Honored Contributor.

@Alexander: This is it. Thank you, points given.

Now I have two split windows, two table views, one with persons arranged by location and the other one contains configuration items related to specific person.

I'd like to export such data in Excel or any other form 'as is', that means, for every person I'd like to have a list of configuration items.

As for the second second question I've posted, I may have been a little unclear. The data from a view exported through File / Export into Excel
is not arranged as it is on the screen. If for example data is grouped by specific criteria, the exported data isn't.

For example if data on the screen (view) is arranged as ABCDEF, then excel orders data as EADBAF. Again, this is just an example.

Best regards,

Andrej
Alexander Stroe
Honored Contributor.

Hi Andrej,

It is dificult to export a good view out of HPSD 4.5 thats why we use report tools for this job
For reporting there exist some tools like:
- Business Objects, Cognos,... you can create a database view first
- Westburry ServiceDesk inteligence solution (where you have several out of the box reports)
- HP Performance

Regards,
Alexander