User keeps losing her HPSD views

Hi all,

how can I resolve this problem with user keeps losing her HPSD views
8 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: User keeps losing her HPSD views

Hi,

is the user loosing system views created by the administrator or local views that they create themselves?

What SP are you using.
Nyan_1
Collector

Hi

This is the user defined views.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

User defined views are held:

in 4.5 in views.dat in the user profile (typically C:\Documents and Settings\,user>\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk)

in 5.0 in views.xml in the user profile (typically C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\HP OpenView\conf\guifw

Does the user use a roaming profile? I would check that location to see if there are any problems there.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Nyan,

are there other people using the same system as this user to log onto Openview using different log on critreia?
Has the OVSD client been crashing on the user?
Both of these can affect the views.dat file and displaying correct views.

Try delete the views.dat file (or back up the service desk folder and delete it entirely and reopen oprnview to create a new file and see if it lasts ofer the user has created new local views.

Nyan_1
Collector

Hi,

it was the view.dat file in the user profile that was corrupted. I've deleted the profile and created a new profile and created a new view.dat file.
T
he error was when we created the new profile and copied the backup view.dat file back into the profile and everything works fine but as soon as you create a new view it gives an application error and doesn't save the new defined view. I would like to know is there a way to recover from that??
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Nyan,

I havent come across a way to recover a views.dat file that has become corrupted.
Terry A. Moir
Esteemed Contributor

What version & SP of Service Desk are you using?

Do you mean that once you've copied the user's view.dat backup file into the new profile, the file gets corrupted whenever the user creates a new user view?

What is teh error message you're getting?
Craig R Taylor
Collector

As Ruth mentioned, you can check for the existence of the views.dat file after the user logs in. I would check to see if the file is set to read only and make the user has permission to write to the file as well.
You can observe a lot just by watching. - YOGI BERRA
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event