Urgent - Missing Areas

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

Urgent - Missing Areas

Hello everyone.

Just got to the office this morning and the phone simply couldn't stop ringing.

The left hand menu has some missing components.

I can only see the Organization and CMDB tabs. The Service Call tab and all its items (service calls, service today, incidents and problems) are missing.

Inside the Organization tab, the "workgroups" item is also missing. I can't understand what caused it nor I understand how to restore them.

Could anyone shed any light in this matter?

The only change I've made was a data import for the CMDB database yesterday during the afternoon. I can't imagine how that could've caused what's currently going on, but that was the only change in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Urgent - Missing Areas

Check your licenses (Admin Console --> System Panel --> Licenses). The license for helpdesk module and SLM module might have expired or they might have been removed.

-Ram
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

That's the first thing I checked.

All licenses have the "Active" status. I really don't understand what's going on.

But thanks for the try.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Leandro,

would it be worth restarting the application servers (if not done already)?
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

Well, Mark... I guess it couldn't hurt, could it?

I'll give it a shot.
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

Nope. No dice on the restart. Problem continues.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

thats bad :( If you start a client session on one of the application servers does it have the same problem?
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

Yes it does.

We just stopped the service and are trying to retrieve yesterday's back-up to try and restore the service ASAP.
Steven De Smet
Honored Contributor.
Solution

I think you should raise a call at HP. Seems like something with Incident module. They can give you an emergency license to see if it isn't the license that is blocking.
Leandro A. M. d
Trusted Contributor.

The call to HP was already place and the problem was solved.

Turned out exactly as Ramaprasad N had mentioned eralier. The modules had their licenses expired. The problem is that I couldn't ID that. I was not the one in charge of the licenses and everytime I checked them, they all had the "active" status.

I tried emergency licenses for the change and helpdesk modules and it worked like magic.

Therefore it was decided that the licenses will also be handled by me and the other Admin.

I would also like to know if there is any config I might have missed to enable OVSD to warn me whenever a license is about to expire or if it's possible to create this sort of event in the OVSD.

All I know is that this sort of silly mishap cannot happen again.

Ramaprasad N, I really really wish I could change your assigned points to 10, because you hit the nail in the head. Thanks for all the others whom also tried to help me out, given the information you've been given.

And now I'll just go ahead and hide my head in some hole or something. ;)

Cheers,
-Leandro
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

Interesting - because I thought that other than termporary/emergency licences and partner keys, all the licences were perpetual....ie never expire. That's certainly the case with my clients. Or is that just in Australia????
We did find though that if you have temporary licences, then apply permanent ones without first removing the temporary ones, then the whole lot expire when the temp ones do(SP7 I think).
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au