Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Urgent - Help Required with Actual Finish updating not follow UI / INCIDENT

Highlighted
Erika Fabiola G
Valued Contributor.

Urgent - Help Required with Actual Finish updating not follow UI / INCIDENT

Hello,

We're using Service Desk4.5 SP15 and there's an UI that we created to fill the Actual Finish as :

Before the item is saved
where Status equals Closed
AND Actual Finish is empty
Actualizar hora del sistema al actual finish (Update Data) Actual Finish set to (Current date)

However any update on Incident ticket the Actual Finish change. I have blocked the UI and the field is updating !! :(

Plase, help me to understand if there's a internal configuration to do this!!!

NOTE: I checked all my UI and BR of all process in order to detect if other modify it but everything looks ok.

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES
Err_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Urgent - Help Required with Actual Finish updating not follow UI / INCIDENT

Hi,

If you see the filed being updated right after you modify a field, then you should know what UI rule is being triggered... BUT, if you see the field being updated AFTER you press Save, then that means that the field is being modified by a DB Rule.

Regards;
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Erika Fabiola G
Valued Contributor.

Hi,
This is really strange for me because the UI has been blocked so I have reviewed all BR related to INCIDENT and I can't find one with the Actual Finish to update!

I really don't know how this field is updating when the record is save so i'd appreciatte your help!!

Somebody knows if there's an internal command to update this?

Thanks !!! :S
The Pike
Acclaimed Contributor.

You may want to enable Rule Debugging, do the update on the Incident ticket and check both client and server logs.