SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Urgent: Aba Approval (Roles)

Hellow, Friends!!!!

I have a situation for you:

I have a System Analyst role where the Approval must stay like Write,ok?
In this role, (Service Call proccess) this option is checked like "Write" but for the analysts that have this role. When They fill the Iniator field the other options of Approval dont appear for edition.

Please, check my screenshot for more informations.

Thanks,

Marcela.
28 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Urgent: Aba Approval (Roles)

Hi Marcela,

do you have a field called "Reported By" that is available and that yo can add to the form in place of "Initiator".
When the "Reported By" field is popualed with a valid name the Approvals section is available to be filled in
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark, hey!!!

My Service Desk version is 4,5. No patches installed. I dont have this field "Report By". Do you any manner of the Iniator field to make the Approval fields available?

Regards,

Marcela.

Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

set the "Initiator" field to the same name as the "Entered By" field. This should trigger the approval sheet to become active.

I had to put in a UI rule for thsi to happen automatically as this caused confusion to staf.

Please let me know if thsi fixes it or if there are still problems.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark, hey!!!

One more information:

This event just happen at one the application account. In the Others accounts, the users obtain access at the Approval.

I cant understand this...
The users have teh same role.

Thanks,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

I'm not sure about that. When I log on with an account that has Administrator rights the approval section is available regardless of what name I enter in the field. When I log in with an account without Administrator rights I need to set the field as mentioned above.
Do any o the users accounts have administrator rights as well and user rights?
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hey, Mark!

This user have a Systems Analyst Role (user profile). My account is Administrator rights and the others application accounts are users rights.

I make what you suggest me. I modified Initiator Name in the Localizaed Test for Enetered By and I logged with this account user but the Approval not authorized for edition.

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

sorry when I said "set the "Initiator" field to the same name as the "Entered By" field what I meant was:

If the "Initiator" field = Mark O'Loughlin
set the value of the "Entered By" field to = Mark O'Loughlin

Basically make sure the same name is in both fields.
"Entered By" should be set by default and to the name of the person creating the call.

"Initiator" is to be manually set to the same name for the approvals section to become active.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark, hey!!!

Can you supply me step by step for you suggest?

Thanks,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcella

try this - set Requestor to a Required field.

Set a UI rule to populate the initiator field with the entered by person field value to make the aproval sheet active.

Name of Rule (Trigger Approval Sheet to Become Active)

When a value has changed
where NOT (Requestor (*) is empty)
Action - (Update Data)
Reported By set to [Entered by person]

Reported By is what we called the Initiator field

Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark, hey!!!

I dont have a field name "Entered by". I have a field name "Entered by Person". Though, when I replaced the Initiator field for Entered By Person. The Approval options dont works.

Can you more details?

Thanks,

Marcela.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark,

Can this procedure change other accounts where Initiator works?

Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi marcela,

correct use "Entered By Person"
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi, Mark!

Can you supply me a screenshot...?

Regards,

Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

attached.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark, hey!

How can I make available the Entered By Person field?

Because, I inserted the Entered By Person field and the same field arent available. I effected the Save & Close and this field stayed unavailable.

I Cant understand this loggic error. This happened just athwart account. This account have the same role that others accounts. So strange...

Thanks, Marcela.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

that is a defaut field so it should be available for any form. If you have just added it to the form, close the client session and open a new client session to be sure that the form is visable.

Otherwise see if you have a form "Service Call All Fields" and see if the field is visable there.
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Marcla,

try setting up the UI rule regardless if you can see the "Entered by Person" on the fom as each time you create a new call it should be filled in automatically anyway and the value stored in the database so a rule can use the value.
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

When you select your approval strategy to require more than 0 approvers. Do more fields become active?
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Mark, hey!

Yes, When I selected the approvers. The other fields stayed availables for edition.

The problem is that only apllication account "alexandre". When I inserted the Initiator name, this options are unavailables, right?

Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Marcela,

if the application account "alexandre" is NOT associated with a Person record then this should not work as the "Entered By" field will be blank therefore the approvals section should not be available to edit.
Marcela Miguel
Outstanding Contributor.

Hellow!!!!

Any more answers?

My problem is not resolved.
I tried to create a new Person like test and the same error happened...The Approval AB stayed unavailabe for this new person.

Please, this is urgent...
Thanks for your support and attention.

Marcela.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Marcela,

Two things after playing around with approvals.

1. Any account with admin rights can always initiate approval. No matter what Initiator is entered the approval will be always start.

2. If the account has not administrator rights it can set as initiator (and thus start approval) only to the person linked to this account.

For example if there is person "Marcela da Silva Miguel" and this person is linked to account "marcela" and "marcela" hasn't administrator rights, in order to start approval this person must set "Marcela da Silva Miguel" as Initiator.

This has to do with user rights and is indepented from type of account.

For example in the picture in the attached document you put "Marcela da Silva Miguel" without logging as administrator. But you logged with an account. Link a person to this account and enter this person as initiator. Chances are that the approval will start normaly.

menes fhtagn
Rubem Andrade
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Alo Marcela,

Im beginning to see your problem and I have any observations. Id like you verify why the Approval Status is Inactive , the normal status is "blank".Change the template "quick call" to the complete "Default template". How is the template used by the others ?
I guess the version you are using maybe have any problem and is very difficult to compare results. Right now Im running SP11 and testing SP15/SP16.
Regards,
RA
Carol Hibbard
Acclaimed Contributor.

In SP10, the default Approval Status is blank. Prior to that it was inactive, see ITSM007278.