Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from SD 4.5 SP 20 to SM7

Highlighted
Devang Dani
Acclaimed Contributor

Upgrading from SD 4.5 SP 20 to SM7

Hi All,

I need to upgrade HPSD 4.5 SP20 to HP SM7. I would really appreciate if someone can share following information with me:

1) If there is any migration path available? If yes, what is it?
2) How much time does it normally take to upgrade from SD 4.5 to SM 7?
3) What modules can be migrated and what can't be?
4) Any documentation on how to upgrade and/or upgrade timelines?

Thanks,
Devang
4 REPLIES
sandeep_

Re: Upgrading from SD 4.5 SP 20 to SM7

Hi Devang,

1. You can migrate SD to SM 7 directly.
2. If the SD implementation is out of the box, it takes about 50days to migrate.
3. Only SD data can be migrated and all the customization must be redone in SM7.
4. HP would have this. :)

Cheers!
Sandeep
Devang Dani
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the answer. However I am looking for more detailed information.

Also can someone tell whether do we need to upgraded HPSD to SP23 before upgrading to HPSM 7.

Thanks,
Devang
sandeep_

Hi Devang,

Yes, you will need to upgrade SD 4.5 SP20 to SP23 to migrate it to SM 7.0 OR upgrade it to SP26 to migrate it to SM7.1.

For more details on the migration process/ training, you will need to contact HP. You will get the migration tools, migration assessment steps and migration methodology.

Cheers!
Sandeep
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

as stated you shoudl contact either hp directly of one of their authorised partnets that have the experience and capability to do the upgrade. hp call it either the migration factory or the upgade factory (or something similar).

there are elements that will upgrade automatically but all the workflows and a lot of customisations will need to be upgraded manually hence the time needed it to understand current set up and then manually replicate it in the new system.

Best of luck.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event