Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Upgrade path 5.0 to 5.1

Highlighted
Andy Cravens_2
Respected Contributor.

Upgrade path 5.0 to 5.1

Is there an upgrade path for Service Desk 5.0 to 5.1 yet???
10 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Upgrade path 5.0 to 5.1

Hi Andy,

There are scripts available now for 4.5 upgrade. These as far as I know can only be requested from HP at this time.

I beleive there are migration scripts available for 5.0 I can check further tomorrow and let you know if I have any more details
John Chalker
Valued Contributor.

There is no upgrade path from 5.0 to 5.1. If you are 4.5 SP17 then there are migration scripts to go to 5.1
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

some details I received from HP recently. I would say if there is any doubt best thing is to contact HP directly and they can confirm if this is correct.

In parallel to SD 5.1, we also continue to maintain SD 5.0, delivering patches every 2 months. SD 5.0 SP2 will be downloadable from SSO on August 21st, and SD 5.0 SP3 is in plan for the end of September '06. However, we strongly recommend that customers upgrade from SD 5.0 to SD 5.10 as soon as possible.
Ken Briscoe
Acclaimed Contributor.

We've been assured by HP that upgrading to V5.1 from V5.0 is just like applying a Service pack and can be done now....but we haven't tried it yet. I'd check with them.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Andy Cravens_2
Respected Contributor.

I opened a ticket with HP Support and they told me there was no upgrade path from 5.0 to 5.1 and that some people have done this but it is not supported.

If I go to the download area I cannot locate any patches or updaters etc that look like they will take me from 5.0 to 5.1.

What is the specific file I need to download in order to install the "update?" (even if it isn't officially supported)
Frans_F
Acclaimed Contributor.

I've to correct some replies in this thread. The upgrade from SD 5.0 (MR SP1 or P2) to SD 5.10 (MR or Patch level) is just a 'normal' supported upgrade.

There is indeed no upgrade from SD 4.5 to SD 5.0. The only migration that will be there (and is now available in limited 'beta' release) is one from SD 4.5 SP17 to 5.10.

NOTE : Currently the plan is to have also a migration from 4.5 to the new product to be released at the end of this year sometimes referenced as SM 7.0. It is also currently the plan to have the 5.x migration to SM 7 not for the 7.0 release but for the one after that currently named 7.1.

For more details I would refer you to the product marketing team of HP or your account manager.
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frans_F
Acclaimed Contributor.

Andy,

one more thing there are no special patches needed to upgrade. You can just download patch 1 for 5.10 for example and run the install for that one this will automatically upgrade your 5.0 environment to 5.10 including patch 1.

Rg,
Frans
Senior HP support engineer for Service Desk

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Andy Cravens_2
Respected Contributor.

I guess it's a moot point now. We tested 5.0 and 5.1 and found so many bugs with both versions that it was completely unusable. So we ended up installing 4.5 SP17 and are using that with no problems.
bad
Respected Contributor.

How update from sd 5.0 to 5.1?
YihJieTaiwan
Frequent Contributor.

I have a customer using SD 5.0 with SP2 now,
I ask the HP-Support , about an issue should be fixed on SP3, but now they told me
I can direct use the SD 5.1 sp1 on the SD 5.0 SP2 to fix this issue.

Have anybody do this ?