Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Upgrade Path to SP17

Highlighted
Anthony Dalferr
Honored Contributor.

Upgrade Path to SP17

We are currently in the development stages of planning to upgrade to SP 17 from SP9. Does anyone have a "timeline" that I should follow? Are there any SPs that I should add first or can I go straight from 9 to 17?
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Upgrade Path to SP17

Hi Anthony,

you should be able to upgrade from SP9-17 ok. One big issue is with the attachments. There have been a lot of recent posts on the problems encountered and the fixes.
Gyula Matics_1
Acclaimed Contributor.

just don't forget to read the readme.htm that comes with the patch. It contains important information about the changes. ( like the instructions on upgrading the attachment structure)
Joe Knudsen
Acclaimed Contributor.

We just upgraded from SP2 to SP17 without much impact. The web-api (not sure I like SP9 required a new web-api)need to be upgraded for Java API programs and the attached work already describe we the things we saw that I recall. We did a table schema diff and saw just a couple new tables and no real modifications to existing tables so our SQL direct reports we not impacted either. Also, with an upgraded web-api file we did not even need to recompile our Java programs.
Trust Jesus