The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Planned Values

Highlighted
sultanghouse
Acclaimed Contributor

Updating Planned Values

Hi Friends,
Need a help from you guys.
I have a problem in IWorkorderCI. How to update the ci values to IWorkorderCI or How to enter the planned values?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Sultan
6 REPLIES
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Re: Updating Planned Values

Sultan,

When you Add a CI to a work order you see a window that first allows you to select the CI (on th left), and then lists all attributes with current values on the right. DOuble-click one or more of the attributes and you can set the planned value. Finally, after you have listed all the CIs to update, you need to set the status at which the planned values should take effect.

Once the WO has been saved with this status, the CIs will be updated. You will see a box checked indicating that this has been done. Until that time, you may change the planned values, as above.

-JOsh
sultanghouse
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Josh,
Thanks for the reply. I am able to do this by manually. I wanted to do the same process through programmatically. I was able to relate the CI, and also set "updateCMDB status" to Closed. But I am unable to update the CI attribute values(Planned CI Values). Iam using IWorkorderCI interface for relating the CI. But I dont know how to add the new values to CI without altering the old values.

Please let me know your comments.
Sultan
Jake Burman
Collector

Sultan,

I am trying to do the same thing, and running into the same problems. Did you ever figure this one out?

_jake
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

See my reply to Jake here: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1134331

Generaly - it's not implemented and probably will never be. This decision on HP's side disappoints badly.

sultanghouse
Acclaimed Contributor

Sorry Jake,
I couldnt able to solve it. HP has not provided the api for updating planned values.
We have to keep an intermediate database.

Regards,
Sultan
J. Castilla
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi sultanghouse,

Can you explain the intermediate database option?

Thanks.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event