UpdateAllEnhanced.jar and "2008 client"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ACCMC
Super Collector

UpdateAllEnhanced.jar and "2008 client"

Hi,

How can I use this tool with the new 2008 client???

2008 client hasn't "sd_client.ini" and I don't know how is it.

Thanks for this tool ;-)
7 REPLIES

Re: UpdateAllEnhanced.jar and "2008 client"

Hi!

This tool is made by Radovan Skolnik. It does not work with the Client 2008.

Michael
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

This won't work on 2008 client as Michael wrote. Radovan was very generous about giving such feature for free in the classic client but the new client's architecture is quite different from the old one. That means that Radovan would have to rewrite this from scratch. Donating him some money would be very helpful.

And just my 0.02$ of wisdom:

Unfortunately after the merger with our parent company, the decision was to drop ovsd (and you don't want to know what the upper management decided to use...) so I can't support financially as I ought to this request.

But should we stayed with OVSD I would persuade the management to pay Radovan to create this life saving enhancement for Client 2008. You should consider this option too.
menes fhtagn
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor
Solution

Someone (maybe it was ACCMC herself/himself) was already asking about support for Client 2008. It's not that much of a work to add it there. I am working on extending SFTP library and SSO solution right now but I will port UpdateAllEnhanced to Client2008 in some spare time. Some small donation would make it faster ;-)

George - it was coming any day because HP is dropping support for SD 4.5. Just for my curiosity: what solution was chosen to be used with your organization? If it is SM, let all the Greek deities help you out (even that won't be enough)...
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

@Radovan: Oracle teleservice...

yeap, that's right.

Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain.
menes fhtagn

Sorry about that George. I have really appreciated your help with SD 4.5 on this forum.

Good to see though that you are continuing with SM7 ;-), as we also probably will be forced to go down that path in a year or so...

Michael
Radovan Skolnik
Honored Contributor

Micheal,

George indicated they are moving to Oracle Teleservice (or something like that) - not SM7. In the end he's maybe the lucky one who will not be forced to work with SM7.
ACCMC
Super Collector

Thanks!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event