Did you mean: 

Update notification on assigned calls

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
BenCox
Occasional Advisor

Update notification on assigned calls

We recently switched from an in-house made Lotus Notes database to OVSD and miss the feature we previously had of being notified when calls are updated.

Has anyone found a rule or anything similar to notify you via email or via on-screen dialogue when an assigned call is updated by user?
We use OVSD 4.5.
Thanks in advance
Ben
5 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Update notification on assigned calls

Hi Ben,

A DB rule which sends an email with acondition of:

Registration; modified by equals Caller (check the field option box)

should give you what you need.

Hope this helps, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
BenCox
Occasional Advisor

Hi Ruth,
Many thanks for your reply, though I'm feeling a bit silly now. As I said we haven't had it for long and our contractor provides Service Desk to us on a server, we have only the client side of it. Is a DB rule setup through defining views? Or is this done on the Server Side of SD?
Ben
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi Ben,

To set up a DB rule you need system admin rights and it is done server side.

You could just add the Registration; modified field to a view so at leats you could see if the caller had done it but any form of alert (even to highlight on a view in adifferent colour) would need action from your service provider.

I suggest you put in a formal request for this feature and see what they say.

Good luck, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
-=R=-
Frequent Visitor

Hey Ben,

Its done via the client by any account that has administrative access. When you log in, there should be an "HP Openview Configuration" section with a module named "Actions & Rules" (I'm on 5.1 though, so I don't know if its different).

There are several ways to build this rule. In our shop we have a checkbox just below the information field. When you save the record with the checkbox checked, it fires a notification to the client with whatever text was typed in Information. In this fashion you can keep notifications discretionary.
BenCox
Occasional Advisor

That also sounds handy, problem as I said I have no admin rights over the OV software, I have however asked for some advice from our contractor with regards to getting this changed.

Thanks for all the help
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event