Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update multiple ServiceCalls with Incident Information when the last one is closed.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
J.A.S.
Collector

Update multiple ServiceCalls with Incident Information when the last one is closed.

I have some ServiceCall´s related to one single Incident (Relations Tap with Type: Caused by). I´m trying to update some SC values using info from the Incident.

I create a DB rule like this:

When incident if modified
where Status(*) equals Solved
Resolve related SC (Update Data) Service call; Close Code set to Close Code

(The last "Close Code" comes from the Incident field called like that)

But still not working...
Anyone knows why?
Any guess?

Thanks for the info.

Att,
J.
9 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: Update multiple ServiceCalls with Incident Information when the last one is closed.

I'd be careful with that since closure codes are not a 'share' code type between Service Calls and Incidents.

Do the closure codes for both entities have the same tree structure and names?

The Pike
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Update multiple ServiceCalls with Incident Information when the last one is closed.

HIU,

do you have mandatory fields that are requried to be completed before the closure happens?

You need to set these first and as already mentioned you have to ensure that you set the fields correctly.
J.A.S.
Collector

Hi Mark and The Pike!

The Pike: Yes, the Closure codes have the same structure for the SC´s and the Incidents. So, there is no problem there (I think there is no problem, is the same structure and the same names, but I don´t know how ServiceDesk manage that under the hood).

Mark: My first objetive is to update the fields before trying to change the SC Status, but is not working, I´m trying to update 3 fields, and no one is taking the values from the Incident. So, I focus my attention to just change the Closure Code (Thats the DB Rule that I show).

Any help or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the replies.
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

As you said, You were trying to update three fields and no fields is updated. It can be because of Prevention.

To check : Open manually same Service call which is failed to update by DB rule nad only change the Closure code and try to save.

Thanks,
Avinash
J.A.S.
Collector

Hi Avinash!

I also try that, but I works without problems, I can change the fields on the SC and save it, but when I try to do it through the Incident, nothing happens, and shows no error message or warning.

Also try to update the field not using the value from the Incident, but just changing it to any other value of the Service Call ClosureCode options, and is the same thing, it not change; it´s like the rule is not working or something, but I check other rules that do something similar, and those work.

Any guess? Any idea?
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Now there is only one way to find out the cause.

Update the Incident and if DB rule fails. Check the entry for the failed DB rule in Logserver.txt.
If possible post it here.

Thanks,
Avinash
J.A.S.
Collector

Hi Avinash!

I cleared the Logserver file to just show the Info about the Start of the Service desk and the execution of the DB Rule.

The logserver.txt is attached.

Thanks for the help.

Att,
J.
J.A.S.
Collector

Hi guys...

Avinash remind me to check the Logserver file, and I saw a "not executed (changed attributes not in condition)" message on my DB Rule.

The only attribute that is changed is the Status and is the only one that should be checked... But that message is too strange... Any idea abouth it?

Thanks againg.

Best wishes,
J.
Sam decosta
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

As you have created rule as "When incident if modified" so this rule will be always trigger whenever any action happened on the Incident.

Then it will check the condition as you have added (*) in your condition it will check whether status is modified and moved to Solved. If no it will capture "Changed attribute not in condition"

for example :

The log what you have wriiten is for If Incident is modified and status is not Solved.

Thanks,
Avinash Shrivastava
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event