The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update fields to Service call related to Incident

Highlighted
Julieta Ocampo
Occasional Advisor

Update fields to Service call related to Incident

I have problems with one rule, I need to copy fields when the Incident is created then update some fields to service call related,
We create a Service Call then in actions select to option “create incident – copy values from current item”, but when I save the Incident the rule isn’t working I need to change something in “copy fields”?
This is a rule:
When incident is created or modified
where Status (*) equals Registrado
Actualizar campos (Update Data)
Service call;Impact set to [Impact];
Service call;Urgency set to [Urgency];
Service call;Priority set to [Priority];
Service call;Deadline set to [Deadline]
2 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Update fields to Service call related to Incident

Hi Julieta,

I am not sure I understand.

If you want the incident which is created by the action "create incident â copy values from current itemâ to have the same values as the Service Call, you will need to specify all the fields you want copied in copy fields. However, this will ONLY copy fields which are present in both incident and Service Call.

You mention Urgency - is this a custom field you ahve created on each of Service Call and Incident?

If so, this will not be copied and you will need to use a DB rule to do this. Your rule is updating the SC from the incident - which seems to me to be the wrong way round?

Could you please confirm that I have understood what you want to do and then perhaps I can help a bit more,

Regards, Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Julieta Ocampo
Occasional Advisor

Re: Update fields to Service call related to Incident

Hi Ruth

Thanks, I send an attachment where I explain my problem.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event