cancel

Update WO status when Change status updates

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gail D
Super Contributor.

Update WO status when Change status updates

I have a Change template that creates WO's. I would like to have the WO status update when the Change ticket status changes, like from "Pending Approval" to "Approved".
Does anyone know of a way to update the status of WO's when the status of a Change ticket is changed?

Thanks,
Gail

5 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Update WO status when Change status updates

Hi Gail,

Use a DB rule and in the screen where you add the value to be changed there is a check box for "Releated Item". Select this and workorder should be available so then select "Status" and the value you want it to be based on the conditions set out at the start of the DB rule.

If workorde ris not selectable let me know. Im sure it can be typed in the field - can't check just now.
Anda Apine
Honored Contributor.

We have done it, when I get access to SD I will post rule description.

If I remember correctly this rule must be created from work order side using related items - Change status.

Anda
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Gail,

Workorder is available in the DB rule under change when you select the option "Select a Related Item"
Anda Apine
Honored Contributor.

It is rule under Change db rules:

When change is created or modified
where Status (*) equals 7.Approved to installation/Monitor
WO statuses to Installation to Production (Update Data) Work order;Status set to 4.Installation to Production;
Gail D
Super Contributor.

I got it to work, thanks.

Can you help with another one? I cannot get it to create a new Project ticket. I selected Project (create new) from the Change template but the appl just hangs. So I tried creating a DB rule with a smartaction sd_dataform cmd. I can get the Project form to open but don't know how to relate the new Project ticket to the Change ticket through a SmartAction.

any ideas?