Update Related Change/WO values

Highlighted
Deepika G
Regular Collector

Update Related Change/WO values

Hi,

I am running HPSD 4.5 with SP19.
I need to do two things:

1. Write a DB rule to close related change when a workorder has been closed. But when I try to create a new DB rule in Workorders, and in the action say Update Data, I don't get an option of Related Change. Can someone please let me know how it is to be done.

2. I would like to update a WO Requestor and deadline values with the values from the related Change.again, same problem above.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Re: Update Related Change/WO values

Hi there,

For 1, the trick is to TYPE in the field name rather than select from the list; for example to update the status field in the owning change, TYPE in

Change;Status

As you type you will see the Value button enabled as soon as you get the field name correct.

For 2, I think you are saying that you want to update the related WO from a chnage. This should be available by checking the update related item box and selecting WOs.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Deepika G
Regular Collector

Hi Ruth,

Thanks a lot, for the first point, typing in the attribute works.

For the second issue, what you said is tru in Change, if I go to related items, I do have workorders there and I can select Workorder Requestor, but I need to set that value equal to Change Requestor. This option of selecting value as Change Requestor is not being displayed.

Any idea what I cna do for this?

thanks.
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

See the attached - make sure that you uncheck the "Use related items box".

hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Deepika G
Regular Collector

Thanks for the help.
I have found the answer to the same. I just had to uncheck the relation tab in the value page.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event