Update Field access in all Roles

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Fredrik, Jacobs
Trusted Contributor.

Update Field access in all Roles

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to update the access for a field in all roles at the same time.

Today when I create a new field the default access is set to 'Write' but in 99% of our roles I want the access to be 'Hide'.

I'm missing a 'Update all' function, but I'm convinced that someone has a nice SQL statement to do this.

It takes a lot of time to go through all roles every time I create a new field and this functionality should save me a lot of time.

Another question I have is if it's possible to have the access to be 'Hide' as default instead of 'Write'.
I want to have the control of the access each role has, but now it's like give every one everything...

Summary:

1. Does anyone have a sql script to update the access for a field in all roles at the same time ?

2. Is it possible to change the default access a field gets from 'Write' to 'Hide' ?

I'm running 4.5 with SP23 on MSSQL.
4 REPLIES
Jay Mistry
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Re: Update Field access in all Roles

Hi Fredrik

by default Service Desk grants write access to new fields, you need to manually go through each role and either hide the field or make it read only.
Service Desk is full of good functionality like that ;-)

Regarding sql script to update the field for all roles, im sure it is possible but im not a sql expert.

Jay
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Fredrik,

I'm afraid that there is no solution to your request because that query would be an update query and there is no easy way of creating valid OIDS.

The role/field access is held in the tables rep_attribute_access and rep_entity_access only if it different from the standard (read/write)
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear.

If the attribute is not specifically defined for that role to be "Hide" (Hidden) or "View" (Read Only) then no entry is created in the tables mentioned above.
menes fhtagn
Fredrik, Jacobs
Trusted Contributor.

That was bad news...

Thank you for the answer.