Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Update All in service desk 4.5

Highlighted
Anju
Super Contributor.

Update All in service desk 4.5

In GUI we can use Update All to update all projects\changes\work orders.... Is there a way if you can cutomize the view for update all or modify the list of fields displayed for update. I am trying to limit the status options displayed when a user updates the status of group of projects. for individual projects\changes I could write a ui rule which limits the status options when a project\change is open but not sure how to limit the same when someone does a group update using update all.

Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.
Thank you
Anju
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Update All in service desk 4.5

Hi,

I dont think that you can modify what is presented in an update all. You either assign the right to use the update all or remove the right.
Anju
Super Contributor.

Thanks Mark. Can you tell me how to do that? implying assigning the right. because when I look at roles - fields, forms, views, templates, actions are displayed which I can assign or not to the user but not sure how to assign the right to update or not
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Anju,

access the role and go to the customisation tab. Uncheck the box for Update All Allowed. It is an all or nothing option and will be applied to all users of the role.
Anju
Super Contributor.

Thank you. Appreciate it.