Uninstalling HPSD 4.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Uninstalling HPSD 4.5

Hi,

I want to uninstall HPSD 4.5 sp13 from my test server and do fresh installation of the same.After reinstalling it takes all the previous data again even if I create a new database.Please suggest as other than uninstalling HPSD from control panel,what other steps I should follow before reinstalling the same.

Hope this is the easiest question of the forum.

Regards,
Akhil
6 REPLIES
Ramaprasad N
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Uninstalling HPSD 4.5

Hi Akhil,

If your goal is to get rid of the existing data, then you don't have to re-install OVSD. You can just create a new DB and start using it with the existing OVSD app server installation. To create a new database for OVSD, go through the Start --> Programs -->. hp Openview Service desk 4.5 --> run database configuration wizard. (Refer to Admin guide for more details on this task).

If you want to remove OVSD app server software, then you can un-install it from Add/Remove programs (control panel). After un-installing, rename/delete the c:/program files/hewlett-packard directory. Install it again. Hope everything works with this.

-Ram
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi ram,

Well I have done all these things.I have tried the same using new database and reinstalling the same but no result.

Well what I am trying is: I have installed HPSD on a test machine and then restored the data of my production server on that.After that in my forms I got every thing as doubled i.e searchcode field looked as doubled and all others...Then I tried to login the service pages where it showed error of "access denied". I thought this as the account problem.Then I made other form as default and created a new person with new sp account but same result.I did'nt checked the same before restoring the database.
Now when I try to create a new database or reinstall the same,while upgrading it gets upgraded with around 251 errors...
after that i am able to use mySD but with previous data and same service page error...

pls suggest the possible solution..

Regards,
akhil
Akies
Occasional Visitor

one more thing:

I was not able to use 8080 port in service pages as it was not authorizing me..so I am using service pages thorugh 8081 port..

also whwnever I try to create a new sp account then by default it shows host with IP of my production server which I modify later.

regards,
Akhil
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Akhil,

is the Hostname being set by a template? if so remove it from the template and it should stop the problem.
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

My problem is resolved now.It was due to some other problem.

thanks
Akies
Occasional Visitor

thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event