Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Unfortunately, there are no such people as George M. Menegakis at a forum "ServiceCenter/ServiceMana

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Sergey O
Super Contributor.

Unfortunately, there are no such people as George M. Menegakis at a forum "ServiceCenter/ServiceMana

Unfortunately, there are no such people as George M. Menegakis at a forum "ServiceCenter/Service Manager"
6 REPLIES
Lars Detmers
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Unfortunately, there are no such people as George M. Menegakis at a forum "ServiceCenter/ServiceMana

Hi Sergey :)

Maybe you are right, I don't know him personally ;-)
There are some very active and engaged users in ServiceCenter forum.

... but.. there are a few things I recognized myself:

In fact it seems that only a few ServiceCenter consultants are regularly anwering postings (maybe less than here in Service Desk forum). I can only speculate why. Reasons could be: ITRC is not so popular at the moment (there is another popular forum: www.sc-resources.net) .....
A lot customer even do not know of ITRC forum.

One fact, the product is much more complex because it's flexibility, not all questions can be easily answered in a few sentences and answer always depends on so many things that need to be evaluated... and due to the merger, there are so many projects going on due to merger and new Service Manager 7 version.

It seems as well, that the ServiceCenter forum is not well known here. A lot postings are soley posted here and not in ServiceCenter forum.

Only my 2 cents.... :)

Rainy greets from Germany :)

Lars
Sergey O
Super Contributor.

Re: Unfortunately, there are no such people as George M. Menegakis at a forum "ServiceCenter/ServiceMana

Hello Lars,

For example, Ruth Porter very good expert. He can tell, that SD can do, and that cannot.
George M. Menegakis can share own experience of use of the SD, which really very much helps especially to beginners.
At a forum "ServiceCenter" I put questions on already existing options in the SC/SM and experts cannot respond me.
Instead of the help, they can begin discussions which can end with nothing.

Regards,
Sergey
Lars Detmers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I know what you mean... ServiceCenter is a totally different world. I have similar discussions here (I have 2 ServiceDesk experts around me). ServiceCenter is a very complex tool and functionality enhancements and changes are very fast. I may tell you Service Level Management features of SC6.1 in detail, but OOB behaviour may differ in SM7. .... or after a long SM7 project I may be expert in SM7 features and limitations, but after this project there will be SM7.2 with completely new behaviour in document engine (processes, etc..). ... or due to my development experience in huge projects I need to concentrate on JavaScript development, only one of my colleagues will be able to tell you about some problems in OOB behaviour in one module....

You will never meet someone (outside of HP development or support) who will know everything. What you learn during the years, to find out yourself how things work and how you can handle them (over debugging, documentation, trial, etc...). That's the challence for all new ones. The first steps are the hardest. (btw... when I started there was nothing, no forum, no knowledge base, nothing - only hints of friendly colleagues...). It's a wonderful tool... someone told me, it's like climbing a mountain. Climbing it is very painful, but then there is a wide land full of unlimited opportunities :)

Lars

Lars
Sergey O
Super Contributor.

All it certainly is good, Lars

If I so have difficult come on mountain now I can throw from top stones in beginners in the form of indistinct answers.
When George,Ruth answered on my questions, he did not speak "You should receive enough experience to put to us questions! We have spent so much time for SD studying, and you wish to receive at once the answer!"
Really, now the forum HP "ServiceCenter" works only for experts, and there it is nothing for beginners!

Best Regards from Russia,
Sergey
Lars Detmers
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sergey,
sorry, you misunderstood me... it is not about throwing stones, I just wanted to explain the problem. There are no simple answers.. As well what is true, the product itself has a much smaller number of installations (mainly most of the huge companies), so there are less experts. AND, as well this forum is not so well know..

From my point, I got a lot help in the past from others, that's why I take part at those forums...

Greets,

Lars
Sergey O
Super Contributor.

Hi Lars,

Ruth and other experts work as the nurse for beginners at this forum after all. Basically and you can.
Now, there is a general opinion of experts which take part in a forum HP "ServiceCenter":
"You should write us a possible variant of the decision of your problem with examples of RAD expressions and javascripts and then we will discuss it! Otherwise, it is not interesting to us to spend for you our time!"

Regards,
Sergey