Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding how ovow and sd integrates

Highlighted
amykoh

Understanding how ovow and sd integrates

Hi,

I'm getting confused on how SD integrates with OVOW. I have gone throught the integration documentation several times..:(...

I'm using the SD 4.5 (sp14), OVOW 7.5 and SD integration pack.

Where am i suppose to put my sd_event parameters?..on the Forward to Service Desck policy?...or and opcmsg spcifically for SD..?

Could someone help clarify my misunderstanding?...

Thanks,
Amy
5 REPLIES
LexTNS
Regular Collector

Re: Understanding how ovow and sd integrates

Hi Amy,
Did you try the OpenView Operations and OpenView IT/Operations forum?

Lex.
JaS_4
Honored Contributor

You can run sd_event manually and specify the parameters in a commandline to test the integration.
Normally, in the OVOW, you will set the troubleticketing option to on and specify the script to use which will call sd_event.vbs not the sd_event.exe.
sd_event.vbs will have code inside to get parameters from the OVOW messages and then pass those parms to the sd_event.exe command.
Naumov
Super Collector

You can find "howto" in the OVO_Integration_AG.pdf guide. see attach.

"This guide explains the integration between Service Desk and OpenView Operations for Windows and UNIX. With the information in this guide you can install, configure and perform the various tasks available with this integration."
Marc Hummel
Frequent Visitor

If memory serves me correctly the integration paper had some 'inconsistency' as to special characters called via sd_event and the script, from what I remember after a certain sp level the "double quotes" are negated but there is no mention of it... Dont quote me, but that MAY be the issue you are having because the script is then incorrect...

hth
Wounds heel, Pain fades... chix dig scar's, oh and everybody WangChung.
amykoh

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. Perhaps Marc, may have a point. It doesnt seemt to inteprete the params correctly. Just wondering, if you remember where you read that from?..

Thanks
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event