Did you mean: 

Unblocking Organizations with Data Exchange

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Peter Foreman
Regular Collector

Unblocking Organizations with Data Exchange

HI, In SD 4.5 SP17 I am trying to update Organizations using Data Exchange. When an Organization that is Blocked has an XML record, what appears to be happening is a new record is created with the same import mapping field key.
How do you update a blocked Organization using Data Exchange?
6 REPLIES
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Re: Unblocking Organizations with Data Exchange

Hi,

By using Data Exchange you can unblock or block Organization items. Value in ORG_NOTSELECTABLE field is 1 for Blocked and 1 for Unblocked.
You need to unblock and update Organizations and finally to block some Organizations items.

Regards,
Mihai
Peter Foreman
Regular Collector

Using Data Exchange:
A 0 is placed in the xml for the Blocked field by the export ini file for the unique key field.
The import mapping maps the blocked field in the xml to Blocked on the organization and the key field also.
Running the export and import results in an new record that is not blocked and with the same key field. The original Blocked record remains not updated.

I understand that the ORG_NOTSELECTABLE field can be accessed by the export in the ini file, but this does not assist when trying to import using the import mapping as ORG_NOTSELECTABLE database field is the Blocked field.

How is unBlocking by Data exchange achievable.
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I tried to say that you can change Blocked to Unblocked by Data Exchange.
After that you can update by Data Exchange any information without obtain any new record.
Please find enclosed a file containing an example regarding unblocking one record (change value 1 to 0).

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Tita
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Hi,

I'm sorry, although the file was sent, it doesn't exist. I tray to send it again.

Regards,
Mihai
Peter Foreman
Regular Collector

HI Thanks for your information there is a fix in SP18 for my issue http://openview.hp.com/ecare/getsupportdoc?docid=ITSM008306
and HP have sent a hotfix for it.
Peter Foreman
Regular Collector

See previous comments
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event