Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Unable to open history note in HP Openview

Highlighted
Michael Heley
Contributor.

Unable to open history note in HP Openview

We have been noticing the attached screen shot (hopefully is attached) occurring a few times this week.

It seems to occur at random when trying to view a history line in a service call in openview. When it happens the only way to view the note is to close HP openview and reopen it.

We have also noticed once that when we opened a service call and the history notes were highlighted in different colors as I've set them up however, when the error message came up the colours swapped around (reds to blues, greens to reds) and then restarting the app caused the settings to be wiped.

Has anyone else seen this?
4 REPLIES
Selvarajan
Super Contributor.

Re: Unable to open history note in HP Openview

Hi,
Have you checked the role part and the access rights for History lines.
Regards
Michael Heley
Contributor.

Yes, we have checked the roles and they seem fine. All users have view/new privileges for History Lines.
stoney_2
Respected Contributor.

hi,

Has this just started to happen?
What v + sp r u on?
Are you using roles with "when assigned to workgroup"
If you are on 4.5 SP21(and perhaps greater) there is a bug n ACES which corrupts roles which have "when assigned to workgroup"
see hp 2216889815.

are you running multiple clients on one desktop. Are you swapping users between sysadmin and gerneral user? Have they cleared cache.

its a long way to the top if ya wanna
Michael Heley
Contributor.

>>Has this just started to happen?

Not sure, it was just recently reported to us by the users, but thats not to say it hasn't been happening for a while.

>>What v + sp r u on?

4.5 (SP18)

>>Are you using roles with "when assigned to workgroup"

>>If you are on 4.5 SP21(and perhaps greater) there is a bug n ACES which corrupts roles which have "when assigned to workgroup"
see hp 2216889815.

Only on SP18.

>>are you running multiple clients on one desktop. Are you swapping users between sysadmin and gerneral user? Have they cleared cache.

Will investigate this one further. I don't beleive the users in questions have both admin/general accounts. I will advise.