Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Unable to modify a change through the workorder

Deepika G
Respected Contributor.

Unable to modify a change through the workorder

Hi,

I am using HPSD 4.5 with SP19.
I have written DB rules to modify Change attributes based on the WO atributes, but the rules are not running.
There are no errors in the log file, and no update to the change values.

Can someone please tell me what could possibly be wrong or is it a known thing in SP19?

Thanks.
8 REPLIES
Venkatesha_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Unable to modify a change through the workorder

Post the Snapshot of the DB Rule
Michael Lutfi
Outstanding Contributor.

Try this:

1) from the General Settings make sure the DB Rule manager is checked
2) Run the trigger for that rule
3) Check the logserver to see what the evaluation of that rule was. If it processes it and says false recheck you conditions.

Watch out in some systems the DB Rules engine lags for a quite a bit of time sometimes, depending on the health of the system.

Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

are the rules making mandatory fields to be set e.g is the DB rule setting a different status which requires other fields to be required. If so it will fail.
Deepika G
Respected Contributor.

Thanks guys.

Mark,
I did check for Mandatory fields and there was one (closure code), disabled that, but the rule still doesn't run.

When work order is modified
where Status (*) equals Closed
AND Last Workorder equals Yes
AND Change;PIR Required equals No
AND Change;Category equals Minor Change
When WO=closed, set Change Status=Change Implemented (Update Data) Change;Status set to Change Implemented

Any comments???

thanks
Deepika G
Respected Contributor.

I get the following line in the logfile:

Thu, 29/03/2007 07:15:27 Rule: When WO=closed, set Change Status=Change Implemented When WO=closed, set Change Status=Change Implemented (Update Data)
Thu, 29/03/2007 07:15:27 For change the following fields are required:

status.

I am setting the Chage status in the rule.
Jonathon Druce
Acclaimed Contributor.

It seems that you rule is trying to select a Status that is not available. Does the change have "wait for work Order completion" set to yes? If so is the Change status you are trying to set got a closed state? If so your timing maybe an issue. You coauld try updating the change to turn off Wait for work Order completion or schedule theis rule to run 1 minute after WO Registration:modified.

Deepika G
Respected Contributor.

Hi Jonathon,

I am updating the Status to one called "Change Implemented" which is not in State Closed.
I do have my "Wait for Workorder completion" checked by default - but that should not make any difference because I am not closing the Change.

I have ensured that from the UI, I can modify the status of that change to "Change Implemented"

Thanks
Highlighted
Ruth Porter
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

The only thing I can think of is that there might be a timing issue.

A way round might be to use a custom field on a change and instead of setting change status to the vlue you want, set this to a marker; then have a DB rule on a change that detects this marker and then this rule alters the change status.

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net