Unable to approve on behalf of approver

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Unable to approve on behalf of approver

Hi,

I am using SD 5.1 patch 6.1. For the calls in which Person X is the initiator and assignee of the call. He is not able to approve/vote on bahalf of person Y who is one of the approver of the call.

Once the initiator (logged in or current person) adds the approvers, the approval vote field becomes grey. However, the person who is the approver is able to approve the call.

Can anyone suggest me what is the thing I am missing here.

FULL MARKS FOR USEFUL REPLY.

Regards,
Akhil
3 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to approve on behalf of approver

Hi,

maybe I missundderstand but if Person X is not in the approvers list (if I read this correctly he is not) then why would you want or expect person x to approve.

If person y wants person x to approve the change then person x has to be added as an approver. However following this logic the person carrying out the change, person x, is also approving the change - this can be an issue as they are not objective enough to approve work that they are doing.

:)
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Basically my question is though person x is not the approver but he is the initiator who has selected and added the approvers in the approver list.

I dont know why but with patch 2, initiator was able to vote on the behalf of approver but now its not happening with patch 6. May be there is some role which needs to be given?

Regards,
Akhil
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I dont have that particular version but from a control and process poijt of view I don't agree with the principal of "initiator was able to vote on the behalf of approver". It kind of leaves the approval process open to circumvention.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event