Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-ralate or Delete Subcontract calls

Highlighted
Cesar Lozano
Regular Collector

Un-ralate or Delete Subcontract calls

Hi all!,

Im running the Archive option cuz I want to delete all the Service Calls registered in the 2004 & 2005, but some of the Service Calls cannot be deleted cuz there is a "Subcontract call" related to it....

I was wondering.... does anyone knows how to un-relate or delete them??...cuz if I try to delete a SC... a message pops up saying there's a subcontract call related to it (see image attached).. and if i try to delete the subcontrac call in the window that just popped up to get rid off the relation, another window appears saying there's another subcontract call related and so on....

Im working with HPOV SD 4.5-SP 15. I have admin rights but i cannot find an optin to delete them.

Any ideas??... thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Cesar
2 REPLIES
Thorfinn Thomas
Regular Collector

Re: Un-ralate or Delete Subcontract calls

Hi Cesar

It looks as you have created subcontract calls upon subcontract calls, and thus made a chain. When you get to the last one, delete that one, and you should be able to backtrack and delete every subcontract call until there are no more.

You have to find the last part of the chain and delete that one first.

In my v5.0 forms desginer I can easily add a field that shows all subcontract calls, which might speed up the process a bit.

If you can make a temporary form with the subcontracts field in your v4.5 platform, it should be easier to get the job done. You will still have to trace your way to the end of the chain and start deleting there, though.

regards,
Thorfinn
Cesar Lozano
Regular Collector

Re: Un-ralate or Delete Subcontract calls

Hi Thorfinn,

Indeed I tried by adding the subcontract call field into a temp Form, but the problem was that only 1 record was displayed and not all the related Subcontract calls.

If I try to delete them by pressing the "delete" key, it shows me the next related subcontract call and if a press delete one more time, the next subcontract call related shows up...but the system will only let me do that 3 or 4 times.... and if there are more subcontract calls related I will not be able to see them... i will need to try to delete the last SC shown and see if i can get to the root SC.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Cesar
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event