Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

URGENT : SD approval for SD pros: how to get strategy (# of maximum approvers) ?

Highlighted
SD_3
Super Contributor.

URGENT : SD approval for SD pros: how to get strategy (# of maximum approvers) ?

Hi all,

10 points (very well deserved) would go to anyone who can tell me how to get into an UI or db rule the number of maximum approvers in a SC or WO or ..

What I want is : field Strategy contains for example "1 of 4" .. and I'd like to get the value "4". This matches the total number of approvers in Approvals tab. I'm sure there's a way to get it (because SD displays it among others in the field or in a table view), but I don't know how.

Thanks

PS: I'm on SD5, but SD4.5 would be OK too.
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: URGENT : SD approval for SD pros: how to get strategy (# of maximum approvers) ?

Hello SD,

You can't do that unless query directly the SD Database.

For example to get this for the service call with ID= you need to run the query

select count (*) from itsm_approver_votes where apv_apt_oid=
(select ser_oid from itsm_servicecalls where ser_id=)
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: URGENT : SD approval for SD pros: how to get strategy (# of maximum approvers) ?

Hello again,

Other way to get this is using WEB-API. I assume that there are methods to get the number of approvers.
menes fhtagn
SD_3
Super Contributor.

Thanks George for those ideas..

Though I don't see very well how to use web api in a ui or db rule for example.. I'm gonna check out this.
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

You can use both methods within DB and UI rules, using "Update from external system". You can pass the ID of the ticket to an external web page and update a field from the same page.
menes fhtagn