Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

UI Rules not seeing attributes from related items

Highlighted
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

UI Rules not seeing attributes from related items

G'Day, (SD4.5 SP15.)

I have a Service Call UI Rule with a condition: "Caller;MultipleOUs"="Yes" where MultipleOUs is a custom boolean on Person records. The action is to pop up a message and I wanted to include an attribute from the caller (a text field containing a list of Orgs that the person belongs to).

The popup action allows selection of Caller attributes, but they do not show when the action runs. It works if I select attributes of the service call itself. I also tried an update data and same deal - you can select the Caller attributes but when the action fires it simply fails to get the values. The action definitely fires as I have tried concat with some text which does appear.

Is this a limitation with UI Rules?

Cheers
2 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UI Rules not seeing attributes from related items

Hi David,

Can you be more specific about your requirement? Can you paste the current rule and the english of the rule that you want to create? That should make it simpler to understand.

Do you want to include the Text field (list of Orgs) in the pop-up??

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
David Borojevic
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: UI Rules not seeing attributes from related items

Thanks, but I have got this working now. I have no idea why it wasn't showing the caller field values I had selected initially. I can't repeat it now. Now all I have to do is put a list of Org Search Codes in the person records "Full Org List" and all will be sweet.

Thanks again.