Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

UI Rules and Database rules when using api

Highlighted
kh_3
Trusted Contributor.

UI Rules and Database rules when using api

Hi When you add new CI from a external app using the api, are the UI and Database rules looked up and actioned according by service desk?
eg
create a ci
and do ci.save();
at this point, I want to make sure all the rules are looked up as well.. Does this happed? If not, how can I do it?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UI Rules and Database rules when using api

Hello,

The UI rules are executed by the java client thus there is no way for UI rules to be executed by your application. On the other hand, the DB rules are executed by the server so it is safe to assume that db rules will be triggered.

To my knowledge the only way NOT to trigger a DB rule is either to disable the rule or do the update directly at the db level.
menes fhtagn
kh_3
Trusted Contributor.

what sort of performance impact will it have if I include the relevant UI rules in the DB Rules section? and can you get an alert (error msg) from a db rule?

Thanks
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello

You can't use popup message of course using DB rules but you could send a notification mail.

The performance depend on many things, the number of rules, the number of scheduled tasks, the number of items on the db etc, the server load, etc...
menes fhtagn