The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Rule to trigger Blocking CI after filed Boolean switch to Yes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Newbie SD Admin
Occasional Contributor

UI Rule to trigger Blocking CI after filed Boolean switch to Yes

The subject says it all but if there are better ways to do this I'm open to other options. Basically a surplus group would like to lock out the CI form when done adding information for close out process. I've added a Finalize Boolean Yes/No. I would like to see if marked to yes the CI is blocked on save a close.

Service Desk 5.0 (no service pack)
SQL 2005
Windows

J
4 REPLIES
Akies
Occasional Visitor

Re: UI Rule to trigger Blocking CI after filed Boolean switch to Yes

Hi,

Could'nt understand fully.Do u mean dat after the boolean field is changed to yes, the CI field should automatically get blocked?

Regards,
Akhil
Ruth Porter
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi there,

If you want it to be automatocally blocked as soon as it is saved with the Finalize Boolean set to Yes, try a DB rule:

when CI created or modified
condition Finalize Boolean=Yes with the "evaluate this ...." box set
Action, Data update Blocked set to Yes

Hope this helps

Ruth
http://www.teamultra.net
Newbie SD Admin
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ruth

I really only have three remaining fields to change to view only. My thinking is that blocking the CI accomplishes the same goal and essentially finalizes the process of closing out a CI.

While I'm on the subject is there a better way to close out a CI?
Ken Briscoe
Honored Contributor

When I implement, I always have a CI Status of Disposed. Then a DB rule: If Status(*) = Closed then set Blocked =True.
(Blocked is Read Only all roles so only set by rule.). Then you don't need any other "Finalise" type field.

Then also restrict the Status of Closed to the Configuration Admin or those people who have authority to completely "close out" a CI.
I also have a custom code field called "Disposal Method" which has values like Sold, Lost/Stolen, Donated, Lease Return etc. And a Disposal Date custom field (which defaults by UI rule when Status is set to closed).
All this together makes up quite a concise disposal process, with CI's then automatically blocked from future quick finds.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event