The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Rule to change field on a sub-form in SD4.5

Highlighted
Del Ruesch
Regular Collector

UI Rule to change field on a sub-form in SD4.5

I'm trying to create a UI rule that sets approval_group=CAB or approval_group=change_manager based on the change type (minor, moderate, major). Although approval_group is displayed on the change form, I believe it is actually part of a sub-form. Anyway, the UI rule does not work and I'm wondering if it is because I am trying to update a form (the approval form) based on a change occuring in the change form.

Here is the UI rule I am attempting to use for a change record which has a type=minor:

When a value has changed where Category (*) equals Minor
Clear Approval Group (Update Data) Approval; Approval group set to (Make empty).
Set Approval Group (Update Data) Approval; Approval group set to (CHANGE MANAGER)

If I create a change record with type=moderate and then change it to type=minor I would expect approval_group to go from approval_group=CAB to approval_group=change_manager but it doesn't work. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: UI Rule to change field on a sub-form in SD4.5

Hi,

I hope this helps.

From memory this should work when using approval groups but not when individuals are entered as approvers.

I set something similar up before and from memory I had to do something as described below to get it to work. The main thing to watch out for is the deactivation of the approval section to allow yo uto edit it before adding the new group.

If an approval group is already added to the CR first you need the Ui rule to set the approval status to inactive as opposed to ready, then to clear the group field. Then add the new group, set the required number of approvers and save.
Del Ruesch
Regular Collector

Mark,
That would make sense, but the approval status is null at this point-- it is neither 'ready' nor 'inactive'.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi,

try setting the condition to when category is not equal moderate or major then set the appropiate approval workgroup.

I did somethin similar with code fields and I think I had to use the not equal to operator to get things working
Del Ruesch
Regular Collector

Tried that but it didn't make a difference. For some reason, once an approver gets on that list, it can't be removed (with a UI rule).
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event