Did you mean: 

Two qestions to ServiceDesk 5.0

Highlighted
Lukesch_1
Super Collector

Two qestions to ServiceDesk 5.0

Hello,
I have two questions.
1. How can I create a new DB with OVSD 5.0?
2. How can I change the language in OVSD 5.0?

Have somebody a answer for me?

regards
Alex
6 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Re: Two qestions to ServiceDesk 5.0

Hi,

this should help.

1)
When Installing the Service Desk Management Server it will give you the options to either install a new database or use an existing one. There are a number of options associated with this.
Check Page 67 of the SD-Install_Guide for V5

2)
Users & Security - Access - Accounts
Open the apropiate account

Enter the userâ s Default Language by selecting a language from the
drop-down list.

The languages displayed in the list are those that have been
installed in the Service Desk database for localization.
Hanspeter Loche
Regular Collector

Hi Mark, Lukesch
I think the question of Lukesch is more: "How can I create an additional new DB in SD V5 WITHOUT installing SDM". By all means that's exactly a open issue we have. We would liek to have one ore two additional DBs for Test and staging purposes.
Thanks
Hanspeter
Jasper Verweij
Honored Contributor

We had the exact same question yesterday during a preparation of an SD5 environment for Oracle and SQLserver....we haven't found an answer yet.

Jasper
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Dear All,

Could someone explain what the real issue is here? What prevents you from using any standard database tools to copy one database to another?

-Josh
Lukesch_1
Super Collector

Hello together,

Hanspeter you are right that is what I mean with my question about the DB.
The reason for creating a second db on the same appl. server is to have a test-db without using the setup like de dbconfigwizard in SD 4.5.

About the language this means you only can change the language in the account and the user has to take what the admin gives him. I think the user are not very happy with this.

I have one more question.
I tried to install the partner licenses in SD 5 but how can I do this with out a HP order Nr.?

Lukesch_1
Super Collector

Hello together,

Hanspeter you are right that is what I mean with my question about the DB.
The reason for creating a second db on the same appl. server is to have a test-db without using the setup like de dbconfigwizard in SD 4.5.

About the language this means you only can change the language in the account and the user has to take what the admin gives him. I think the user are not very happy with this.

I have one more question.
I tried to install the partner licenses in SD 5 but how can I do this with out a HP order Nr.?

Alex

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event