Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Trouble with SD5 SLM license

Highlighted
SDSKonline
Respected Contributor.

Trouble with SD5 SLM license

Hi,

I'm getting this error when I try to set any organization on any organization field (using forms or web-api):

You are not allowed to view this receiver organization
- sla

This started to happen when I installed my SD5 licenses over my Instant On license, which had the SLM module. Now my permanent licenses don't have the SLM module and the error seems to be due to it. Looking at log files i get:

Jul 23, 2006 5:23:01 PM;54;16;com.hp.ov.sd.slm.module.SlmLicenseChecker;getEntities;com.hp.ov.sd.slm.module;INFO;No SLM entity is included in the role as there is no SLM-entry license

Jul 23, 2006 5:23:02 PM;55;12;com.hp.ov.obs.impl.apiserver.ApiServerEntity;insert;com.hp.ov.obs;SEVERE;Error while performing webapi request: {0}

com.hp.ov.obs.ApplicationException: You are not allowed to view this receiver organization - sla

(Note: I was using web api for this error log example)

How can I stop this from happening? It is totally ruining my SD5 usability. Imagine i can't create new Organizations, or create any relation between an organization and something else...

Help would be greatly appreciated!
8 REPLIES
SDSKonline
Respected Contributor.

Re: Trouble with SD5 SLM license

Forgot to add, I'm using SD5 SP1.
Naveen Jaiswal
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi

AFAIK You need a temporary SLM license to finish the configuration.

HTH,
Naveen
A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purose of it. By MK Gandhi
SDSKonline
Respected Contributor.

That meaning that I would need a SLM license every time that I need to change something related to an Organization?

Isn't SD5 supposed to work without the SLM license? It's impossible to use SD5 with this limitation, and SD4.5 worked fine without the SLM.

AFAIK, a temporary SLM license would only solve my problem while it lasted, after which I'd face the same problem.
Naveen Jaiswal
Outstanding Contributor.

In SD 4.5 also we had to put a temporary SLM license to do a lot of things. If you could play with organization in SD 4.5 wihtout a SLM license and you are not able to do the same with SD 5.0 or 5.1 then I would suggest you should log this with HP Support and get this clarified.

Best Regards,
Naveen.
A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purose of it. By MK Gandhi
Torben Olsen Ke
New Member.

Hi SDSKonline

I have the same problem now.
Did you get this problem solved?
If yes, what was the solution?
André Miranda
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

No, I haven't solved it yet. Actually I opened a service call at HP support and I sent them my DB, and they reproduced the error. Now they are trying to solve the problem at the lab.

I'm still waiting for an answer, but I'll post when I get it.

I'm usign 5.0, but they said they would try it with 5.1 too.
David Iannucci
Respected Contributor.

Is there any news on this? We are having a similar problem. Thanks.

Dave
Don't believe everything you think.
André Miranda
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

I'm SDSKonline. I have received a temporary (3 months) SLM Module license from HP Support, that solves the problem. If in 3 months the problem isn't solved, they will give another license.