Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Trigger rule when user logs in? HPOV SD 4.5 SP21

Highlighted
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Trigger rule when user logs in? HPOV SD 4.5 SP21

Is it somehow possible to trigger a rule when HPOV SD user logs in, but before he opens any items?

Michael
4 REPLIES
Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Trigger rule when user logs in? HPOV SD 4.5 SP21

Hi Michael,

I don't think there is an out of box feature to do this (at least not with the rules).

At the DB level the session will be recorded in a table so this could be a starting point but not sure how useful.

What do you want to achieve?
Michael Gregor
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Mark.

I want to retrieve some Person attributes (like personal e-mail signature) when Service call E-mail is opened.

I have experimented a lot with this but have still not found a good solution.

Scenario should be like this:

* User opens Service call and clicks Add E-mail button.

* Users personal e-mail signature is found and added to E-mail before it is saved and sent.

I have made a relation to Person from Service call, but cannot "activate" this by rule from E-mail SC without merge message when Service call is saved afterwards.

So I have a set of complicated rules that triggers when Service call is opened instead, causing some other issues.

I was hoping it could be possible to trigger these rules "outside" of Service call.

Hope it's understandable :-)

Michael

Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Michael,

where is the persons email signature stored? Are you getting this from the person record, if not where is it coming from?

Mark O'Loughlin
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Michael,

the merge error you are getting. I presume you are using a UI rule there.

If so is it possible to use a DB rule instead to write the details from the person record to the call into a hidden text field and then have another rule further down the list that does the main send with whatever data you need? I haven't set up a GR like you said is in place to test.

The is the webapi that might do it but would need configuration etc.