SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

Transfer a List of Persons from ne SLA to another

I came across this thread today, which George started some time ago:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=808712

In that thread, George says that you can use a little trick to move the members of one workgroup to the members list of a new workgroup.

"Apr 21, 2005 12:54:22 GMT N/A: Question Author

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More good news...

I found a quick way to copy the members of one workgroup to another.

Create a new workgroup. Go to members tab and press relate. The Advanced Find will open. Go to Advanced tap and bellow the button "Field" type Members;Workgroup. Select your source group and voila :)
--------------------------------------------"

Great eh, nice one George.

My questions is what fields can I use in the same way to transfer a list of Persons from one SLA to another?

5 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Transfer a List of Persons from ne SLA to another

Hello Peter,

Unfortunately this can't be done the same way as Work Groups because in person definition there is no link to SLA.

However there is another way. Create a custom fields on persons.

Then create an SLA db rule to update persons custom field. Then do whatever you want to trigger the rule for the given SLA to update persons. Open the other SLA and press relate. There enter as condition that the custom person field has the specified value.

After doing that press ok and go get a coffee. If the previous SLA has many persons you may even get the time to go to brasil and collect the coffee yourself!

menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

George,

Great solution, I've tried it but I get this message when it tries to relate to the first person.

"The organization structure, to which the person ADBO1 belongs, is already part of the Service structure."

Its an information user message. But when I click OK, the person is removed from the list and the process stops, nobody else is added to the list in the new SLA.

I'm not sure what the message means, or how to get around it!

Any ideas?
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

That means that the person's Organization (and thus the Person) is receiver for an SLA for the same service. You can't a Person or an Organizations to multiple SLAs for the same service.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

If the SLAs are for different service this would work like a charm. If it is for the same service then you must first remove the first SLA (that means unrelated the existing persons) and then use the relate to "copy" persons.
menes fhtagn
Peter Dent
Outstanding Contributor.

George,

You were corerct again. I already had an organisation in the Receivers and the users were part of the organisation.

This was a temp measure until I got the list of specific users transfered.

Thanks, that solution was exactly what I needed.