SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Nasser Kolathum
Regular Collector

Transaction rate

Dear All,
I need your expert advise here..

In a normal day service desk do a lots of transactions, for example, creating & updating change, SC, WO, PM etc.. these all are writing through database.

Question is, How can I run a simple query to identify an average transactions a day/hour/minute?.. Is it possible we can filter this transactions based on item type/folder/accounts?.. Please advise.

Thank you in advance.. really appreciate your help.. every answer will get minimum 7 points :)

Best regards,
Nasser
5 REPLIES
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor

Re: Transaction rate

Hi Nasser,

Out-of-the-box, I guess you know there is no such provision.

However, at DB level there is a workaround that comes to mind.

1. Create a seperate table/database->table called COUNT.

2. Write a trigger that updates a field in the COUNT table which measures the number of times the field was updated.

Another option is at Text Parsing level, but it is very raw.

Identify the statements in the log-file which occur when a DB transaction takes place. Use a text event correlation like SEC (Simple Event Correlation) to identify them and update a counter file where you can store this.

Hope these are helpful...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Nasser,

Select your items based on the time/date they were registered (new), selecting for the period of time over which you want to measure (for example, for 4 weeks.

Example in pseudo SQL :

SELECT (COUNT(Service Calls) / 28 ) 'Average Service Calls per day'
FROM Service call table
WHERE New Registered Time >= (start of period)
AND New Registered Time < (start of period + 28 days)

-Josh
Nasser Kolathum
Regular Collector

Sourab / Josiah,

Thank you for the prompt response.. issues are:
I am not able to create any additional table or field in this enviroment which will impact the contract with HP.

Extracting results based on creation date will only shows number of tickets registered a day.. I am looking to identify the transaction rates based on registration & updates will give some analytical statistics to measure the daily activities..

Still waiting for any other wild ideas'

Thanks and rgds.
Nasser
Saurabh Dubey
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Nasser,

To work around the HP contract issue:

1. Create a Seperate DB, with a view of every table of the SD DB.

2. Create the mentioned table in the new database, with the trigger.

You will get continuously updated values, and you will also not have to play with the contract.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Saurabh
Modesty is good!! But remember, all your life other people will try and take your achievements away from you, don't make it easy for them.
Robert S. Falko
Honored Contributor

Nasser,

OVSD mains a wealth of calculated statistics that you can view and report without resorting to SQL. Have you investigated them?

-Josh
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event