To add date time field with duration field

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
danillu
Occasional Contributor

To add date time field with duration field

Hi,

I need to add a custom field (start date time) with a custom field (duration) to fill up a custom field (finish date time). I have tried it with a data base rule but I only can add a custom field with a date constant value.

Somebody knows if it is possible to be done in SD 4.5 SP 18?
7 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: To add date time field with duration field

Yes you can but it's tricky.

Have a look at http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1029966
menes fhtagn
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

hi George,

Using your workaroud I did try to implement on a different calculation. Like, I am trying to calculate the total time when a service call was put in pending. for eg. if a service call was set to pending for multiple times, with the help of your logic i am able to accumulate the time kept in pending status, but the issue here is, until and unless I initialize the custom duration field to a minimum value, say 1 min, i cannot store the calculated value. Is there any workaround for this? i.e. i do not want to initialize the custom field, but i want to calculate the total pending duration time.

thank in advance

raman
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately it is needed to initialize the fields before doing math-like functions on them. You can do it at template level or through db/ui rules.
menes fhtagn
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hello George,

Thats right, i did the same thing. I used a UI rule to initialize a value, but unfortunately i couldn't initialize the duration to zero but had to initialize to 01min :(

however thanks a lot for your reply. Here is another query of mine. Kindly do reply with your comments. Thanks and sorry to use someone else's query.

----------

Is it possible to change the display name of a person (usually the Assignment / Requestor fields)? By default the person name is displayed as , (for eg. when call is assigned to me, the display would look like Raghunathan, Tikaraman). Customer wants this display to be changed to , . Is there any way to modify this appearance?

---------------

Adding to this, can you please have a look at the following thread?

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1116183

I am badly in need of some solution for these issues.

Thanks in advance George.

raman
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi George,

thanks a lot for your kind reply. I did use UI rule but had to initalize to 1min as i couldn't initialize the duration value to zero value. However i will use the same.

however i have another query to you. can you kindly go through the following thread

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1116183

and do let me know your inputs please. i am eagerly wanting for some solution for these issues.

thanks a tonne

raman
Mike Bush
Honored Contributor

I think Raman should have his own thread(s) for new questions rather than hi-jacking dannilu thread.
Raghunathan Tik
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mike,

I am sorry for the same, i did this as I do not want to lose George's continuous reply and hence pointed him to the thread that i own.

raman
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event