We are running a SD 4.5 SP10 in a windows environment. When a user sends SD an e-mail the SC is made and the time stamp are set to the right time. But when the user get his e-mail reply (notification) the time stamp is one hour late. The time of the e-mail is right but in the text we use [Registration;Created] and this field is giving us the wrong time. If an operator of SD makes the same call at the same user account the notification has the right time stamp.
We have looked at time zones, summertime settings (daylight savings) and checked all servers involved in the process.
I have also seen this issue with [Registration;Created]. Try creating a UI rule to copy this field to a custom date field and use that field in the email and see if it is showing the correct time. If so report it as an error to HP.
Jonathon's suggestion above is what we are currently using with SP10, and it has been working relatively well for us. You just setup a UI rule to set a custom field at an offset from the current time. (You'll have to update these UI rules when daylight savings occurs, if that applies in your time zone.) I've tried speaking with HP about this issue with mixed results. It seems that current wisdom suggests updating to SP13 or newer will fix the issue, but I am still (slowly) evaluating the veracity of that suggestion.
Hi Thomas, I had the same problem when running SP8 but on the timezone BET. I sent a case to HP and the answer is the problem is fixed on SP11. However in terms of DST (summertime) this year I already had problems on SP11. The HP sent two hotfixes. I guess its better to you do the migration to service pack 11 or + ... Regards, RA
OK, it doesn't make much sense but it is working right now. Back in Sept I had installed hotfix 263454.jar and that fixed a similar problem. In late Oct we rebooted the server for windows updates (this is about the time the latest problem with emailing registration times started). What I did was stop the HPSD services on our server and apply the hotfix 257290.jar and restart services to the \\C\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\service desk 4.5\server\lib. This worked but later several users could not log into Service Desk. I rebooted the server and all was well for the users but the fix stopped working! I stopped services, deleted the 257290.jar, restarted services and the dates were good again. Also checked with users and all was well, no reboot needed. So all I can tell is a reboot seems to mess with the times, I have no idea why the time is working or not working.... I'm just happy it is ok at the moment!
I'd only say that you should be wary and keep an eye on it. The time has fluctuated for me immediately after the service is restarted as well. It usually held normally for a day or two and then went back to UCT, but hopefully the hotfix you installed is providing some better functionality. I'm interested to see how well that goes for you ongoing, because I'd love to solve this problem in our environment, too.