The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Stamp the same on all Service Calls/Incidents

Highlighted
Goody_2
Super Collector

Time Stamp the same on all Service Calls/Incidents

Recently we have had a few users that are seeing all the service calls and incidents having the same time stamp. Also in the history tab all the lines are time stamped with the short time but they are all setup with the medium format. It is only a few users so I am pretty sure it is client side related, but am not sure what else to do but reload their machines.
5 REPLIES
Err_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Time Stamp the same on all Service Calls/Incidents

Hello,

Can you verify that the clients have their time format set correctly as it is shown for them (users can change that in their own clients, and notice that you can have different settings for datetime format and for time format):
Tools> Options> Form Formats tab.

Also, it might be worth checking the format set in their application account record.

Regards,
Randall Barrantes
SW Support Delivery Manager
Goody_2
Super Collector

Yeah all of that is set right, I have no idea what it could be.
GwenH
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried to clear the cache and log files located C:\Documents and Settings\user.name\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\Service Desk on the client desktops.

You just need to delete or rename the Cache and the Log folder.

I have found that when my users are experiencing client side oddness, this step helps clear it up 90% of the time.
Goody_2
Super Collector

Tried that, no luck.
GwenH
Occasional Contributor

Try deleting the Service Desk folder located C:\Documents and Settings\user.name\Application Data\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView. They will have go back through beginning login process.

This may or may not fix the problem, but i have found that sometimes even though you delete the cache, something is still retained somewhere. This will clear that out. If this doesn't work, than you may have to reload the client. If you do that make sure you uninstall and delete all of the Service Desk Folders after you uninstall the client. (The one under Documents and Settings and the one under Program files.)

Hope this works for you.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event