Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel

Tie Change Status to child WOs

Highlighted
Joe Cormane
Frequent Contributor.

Tie Change Status to child WOs

Hello,

I'm trying to make it possible to tie the status of changes to their child WOs. The trick is, we are not using approvals WOs they way they're supposed to be used. We've deprecated the "Approved" status and instead use "Completed" to indicate approval. I'm trying to get the change to recognize via a DB rule to detect the WO modification on the last approval (so all approval WOs are "Completed") and flip the status to Approved.
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Tie Change Status to child WOs

Hello Joe,

You can update change status (or any other change field) through work order db rule. However you have to *type* the name of the field since for unknown reason change fields in the field selection of update data of work orders.

Anyway, when the status is completed select "update data" and there *TYPE*
Change;Status and the "value" button will be available. However you must do it on the last work order of the chain, or else every work order will update the parent change. You can do that using a custom boolean field to indicate that the work order is the last in chain.
menes fhtagn
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just a minor correction or the above posting will be nonsense.

I wrote "However you have to *type* the name of the field since for unknown reason change fields in the field selection of update data of work orders."

I meant "You have to *type* the name of the field, since change (or service call or incident or problem) fields aren't available (for unknown reason) through field selector in the "update data" section of the db rule.
menes fhtagn
Joe Cormane
Frequent Contributor.

Which is the best document to explain the custom Boolean fields?
George M. Meneg
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Joe,

Custom booleans are one of the custom fields offered by default on OVSD. The others are custom codes, custom text (40/255/4000/65000 chars), date, duration and numbers. Starting from SP19 you can create your own custom field (instead of activating existing ones). The new data types are custom text (1/80) characters, time, double,float and entity references. Starting from SP20 you can create even new codes (ordered and hierarchical).

More information about this on the administrator's guide and on sd45_sp20_addendum_en.pdf (you can find this in the doc folder of every SP >= SP20) or at
http://ovweb.external.hp.com/ovnsmdps/pdf/sd45_sp20_addendum_en.pdf
menes fhtagn