Threadpool size

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Justin Trant
Super Contributor.

Threadpool size

Hi all,

Can someone tell me what the "threadpool size" option does in the Server Settings editor in SD4.5 SP15? The reason I ask is while I was inspecting our configuration I noticed that one of the servers has a threadpool size of 10 and the other has a value of 100.

Thanks,
Justin.
4 REPLIES
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.

Re: Threadpool size

Hi Justin,

Threads are allocated to applications and services that logon to or use the Application server. The Application server uses the thread pool to handle client requests. You can use thread information to monitor and configure Application server performance over time.

If these queues grow and remain large for a long period of time, it is an indication that the Application server you are monitoring is overloaded. You can confirm this by looking at the CPU load and client response times.

Regards,
Sandeep
Justin Trant
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Are we talking about the same option? I have seen a "thread size" option in the Server Status Window, and a "threadpool size" option in the Server Settings Editor (alongiside weighting, join multiple servers etc).

Should one app server have a different "threadpool size" setting to the other?

Thanks again.
sandeep_
Honored Contributor.
Solution

Hey Justin,

Am sorry, forgot the actual point... :D

The number determines the number of clients the Application server can handle simultaneously.With a thread pool of 10, one Application server should be able handle up to one hundred (100) concurrent users.

Yep, the thread size and the pool size are different.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Justin Trant
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the reply, this makes sense.