Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The date is invalid. and com.ms.wfc.core.WFCInvalidArgumentException '-1346959.45625'

Highlighted
Siekierko Przem
Super Collector

The date is invalid. and com.ms.wfc.core.WFCInvalidArgumentException '-1346959.45625'

Hi !

I have HP ServiceDesk 4.5 SP30 - since 2011-03-10 i started to get messages: "The date is invalid" and "com.ms.wfc.core.WFCInvalidArgumentException '-1346959.45625' is not valid value for 'd'. 'd' should be between -657434.0 and 2958466.0".

After I will get this message once, when I'm trying to open any incident I'm getting "The date is invalid" all the time. Then I can't open any incident. I'll have to stop Service Desk Windows Service, clear HP ServiceDesk Server cache and HP Client cache(but from document & settings/application data/hp... folder), start Service Desk Windows Service. It starts working approximately for 15 minutes and I'm starting to get 'Invalid date' massages again.

In server log I can find something like this:

Pt, 11/03/2011 15:44:03 Data Accessjava.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid signum value
at java.math.BigInteger.(BigInteger.java:221)
at com.inet.tds.h.a(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.x.getObject(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.tds.x.getDouble(Unknown Source)
at com.inet.pool.t.getDouble(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.util.marshal.recordset.AppRecordsetJDBC.convertJDBCset(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.da.AppQueryManager.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.da.AppQueryManager.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.da.AppQueryManager.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.da.AppQueryManager.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.bus.AppServerEntity.trueFind(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.bus.AppServerEntity.find(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.bus.AppServerEntity.find(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.wf.AppEntityHome.find(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.wf.AppEntityHome.loadSingleRecord(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.wf.AppEntityHome.loadSingleRecord(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.wf.AppEntity.initialize(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.wf.AppEntityHome.open(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.ev.dbrules.AppDBRuleManager.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.ev.dbrules.AppDBRuleManager.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.hp.ifc.ev.AppEventQueueReader.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

If you have any idea, please let me know. Thanks.
7 REPLIES
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Re: The date is invalid. and com.ms.wfc.core.WFCInvalidArgumentException '-1346959.45625'

Does that happen to every user?
Are you using the old client or client 2008?
If client 2008, are you using the appropriate version of Java?
Are there any rules updating date fields?
Siekierko Przem
Super Collector

Re: The date is invalid. and com.ms.wfc.core.WFCInvalidArgumentException '-1346959.45625'

Hi The Pike !

Does that happen to every user?
Yes.

Are you using the old client or client 2008?
Normally we are using old clients, but I was trying to see if client2008 will work (in 2008 client we get this same messages)

In web-api application when I'm trying open incident (IIncident iinc = session.getIncidentHome().openIncident(incID);) it will throw this same exception ("The date is invalid"). If I will try to close connection (session.closeConnection();) - application hangup at this point.

After I'll restart service desk server I can open normally this same incident witch few minutes earlier was throwing Exception.

Are there any rules updating date fields?
Yes we have some rules - but those rules was create almost year ago.

The Pike
Honored Contributor

What version of java does the SD appserver pick up?
Siekierko Przem
Super Collector

On all servers we have java 1.6 (since 03-2010).

And at first post I made mistake in service pack version - on all servers is service pack 33.
The Pike
Honored Contributor

Good. I'd make sure the database driver used by SD is up to date.

Did you ever get a solution for this issue? Because I'm experiencing the same problem.

Thanks,

Jan.

KVBockstaele
Super Collector

Can someone experiencing this issue have a look whether the issue occurs at evaluation / execution of a Scheduled Task?

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event