The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template behaves differently depending on how it is invoked

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Steve Liddle
Super Collector

Template behaves differently depending on how it is invoked

Hi,

I'm having a problem where a template is behaving differently depending on how it is invoked. If I do File -> New -> Service Call and then select the template from the "Choose Template" screen everything works fine. I get the default Closure Code specified in the template and the drop down list of available Closure Codes is correct.

If I am in the Service Call view and click on the New button, then choose the Template from the drop down list, it does fill in a lot of the default values but does not fill in the default Closure Code. Then when the user goes to select a Closure Code the wrong list of Closure Codes is displayed.

I am using HPSD v4.5.
Has anyone seen this kind of behaviour before?
I have tried clearing the cache and the app server is restarted every day.
2 REPLIES
Alexander Kriku
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Re: Template behaves differently depending on how it is invoked

hi

it looks like you have some UI-rules that affect the values of closure code.

Steve Liddle
Super Collector

Re: Template behaves differently depending on how it is invoked

Thanks Alexander, you have put me on the right track.

There was 2 UI rules at play here, both of which were limiting the closure codes available:
1) was applied when the item has been opened and had the relevant values
2) was applied when a value has changed and had values that were not relevant

So it seems that when I did File -> New -> Service Call and then selected the template, this was triggering rule 1 (open) and allowing me to see the values I wanted to see.

When I opened a new service call and then chose the template from the drop down list, this was triggering rule 2 (change) and showing me values I didn't want to see.

So to fix it I have made 2 changes:
- added an additional criteria to exclude these service calls from being picked up by rule 2
- created a copy of rule 1 that is triggered when a value has changed
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event