Telephone Generic relation editing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Telephone Generic relation editing

Hi! Help me please.
I have created outgoing generic relation from telephone number to Configuration Item. I need to restrict some users in changing this outgoing generic relation from telephone number (I mean some users shall not add or delete any Conf items subscribed to telephone number) But there is no such form in Security Policy.. Advice me anything, please.
14 REPLIES
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Telephone Generic relation editing

Hi
Why not use the Role settings(look Attachment),set as View, but if user in more then one role - access to fields summarizate.

Vasily
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Hi Vasily!

Thanks for writting me again!
But i need to restrict editting generic relation from TELEPHONE NUMBER form. Not from CI... And the problem is that, seems to me, its impossible to assign such role rights for TELEPHONE FORM.. (like you've shown me in attachement for CI)

How do you think is there any other way?

Actually, main problem for me is to make forbidden for some users relate one telephone number with many CI's... )
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Yes , my mistake, but if you close Telephone filed on View for this people not help?
If user must add tel.# to Person, close to View "Telephon" for this Users, then you can on Person form 3 fields: 1-st Tel # as Text, 2-nd phone type as code, 3-d button field "Add". Create one rule too listen modification of Button "Add" + script to update Telepohe list for person, script must working for login who has write on Telephon field.

Vasily
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Thanks, Vasily! Your advice helped me.
I have one more question for you. In SD4.5 there is such fields in Person FORM like CI or Admin.of CI. The thing is that I cannot reach CI for editting from such Person's fields. Is it possible to escape that problem..or to create some custom field that has editable BOTH-ENTITIES reference from Person to CI (ONLY ONE CI CORRESPONSD TO ONE PERSON)?
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
What are you mean? Create one CF in CI as Person and in Person Create CI field and this two fields must be linked between?

Vasily
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Yes, exactly! They should be linked and correspond each other.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

HI
Why not. First create fields: one in Person as CI, one in CI as Person. Second Create the Rules one in Person, second in CI.

Vasily
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Hi Vasily!

Yes, I created these fields with both references one to each other. (CI-Person, Person-CI)

I have difficulties in creating UI -rules.. Can you explaine what these rules should like?

Michael.
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
Are you strongly like UI Rule? Why not DB Rule?

Vasily
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Yes, sure..whatever!
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Seems to me in my case there is no much difference between them..
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Doc attached, in my version Searchcode renamed to CODE.

Vasily
Michael222
Valued Contributor.

Hi Vasiliy!
Thank you for your attantion!!! I've downloaded your attachment, but haven't read it yet ( we have short working day today ) I will write you letter and tell my results..Good weekends for you!
Vasily Kamenev
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi
I'm comvert document to old version now.

Vasily