Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIME Stamp in a custom created field.

Highlighted
Mike Dz
Super Collector

TIME Stamp in a custom created field.

We recently created a custom filed to audit the information field. A database rule "suggested by Ruth" does the trick. One problem is that the time stamp is off by 3 hours. We are EST but the time that is recorded is 3 hours ahead. (GMT)? I used
"With .$DD$/$MM$/$YYYY$ $HH$:$MI$ " as my time/date format.
As a side not the history line shows the time in EST. How can I make my custom field/DB rule do the same?

Thnaks in advance.

With [Infor
7 REPLIES
Mike Dz
Super Collector

Re: TIME Stamp in a custom created field.

We recently created a custom filed to audit the information field. A database rule "suggested by Ruth" does the trick. One problem is that the time stamp is off by 3 hours. We are EST but the time that is recorded is 3 hours ahead. (GMT)? I used
"With .$DD$/$MM$/$YYYY$ $HH$:$MI$ " as my time/date format.
As a side note the history line shows the time in EST. How can I make my custom field/DB rule do the same?

Sorry for the double post
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
All DB Rule execute from System account, check the time zone for System.

Vasily
Mike Dz
Super Collector

Hmmm...System Account.. It is set correctly to est. Also..We have seen this before when performing SQL queries.
could it be the time on the SQL server? Does it get the time stamp from the SQL db? Is that where the info originates when it is copied from field to field..must be since it is a db rule. ideas?

Mike Dz
Super Collector

OK...can someone tell me the variable to ad to my database rule that converts the time from GMT to EST? $DD$/$MM$/$YYYY$ $HH$:$MI$ ($ZZ$) will all + or - the hour
eg. 1700 +5.. but I want the match to actually be done. eg 2200.
Thanks
Mike Dz
Super Collector

OK...can someone tell me the variable to ad to my database rule that converts the time from GMT to EST? $DD$/$MM$/$YYYY$ $HH$:$MI$ ($ZZ$) will all + or - the hour
eg. 1700 +5.. but I want the math to actually be done. eg 2200.
Thanks
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
I'm use "Registration modified" - that he same timestamp.

Vassili
Vasily Kamenev
Honored Contributor

HI
I'm use "Registration modified" - that the same timestamp.

Vassili
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event