The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Service Desk Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System to generate email when condition hits

Highlighted
Anthony Dalferr
Collector

System to generate email when condition hits

I have a customer asking for an email to be created when a certain feild in the work order form hits a certain date.

We have a form setup in work orders where someone fills in the expected return date. When that return date hits, they want an email to be shot out of the system. I tried to do this with a DB rule but it doesn't seem to work. Any Ideas?
4 REPLIES
George M. Meneg
Honored Contributor

Re: System to generate email when condition hits

Hello Anthony,

Let's call that custom date field "Target Date". Construct the db rule using this as condition.

When work order is modified
where NOT (Target Date (*) is empty)
AND NOT (Target Date is empty, Schedule the validation of this condition at 1 minute After Target Date Only execute once)
menes fhtagn
Anthony Dalferr
Collector

Ok, that works great. Thank you very much. Would it be possible to setup another DB Rule that will run if the Target date is over three days?

Lets say target date was today, another DB rule should be setup that on Sat, an email should be sent out stating this is overdue.
Mark O'Loughlin
Honored Contributor

Hi Anthony,

create a new rule using the same details George posted but "schedule the validation of this condition at 3 days After Target Date - Only execute once" instead of 1 minute and change the details of the mail that is sent to reflect that it is overdue.
Anthony Dalferr
Collector

I had originally tried that but forgot to change the date around to test. It is working now. Thanks for your help.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event